Learn, Share, Subscribe
Watch the Asian series here:
Here is the European Series:
In this brief video you can find seven little known facts about Brunei.
More information about the video content bellow:
1. One of the wealthiest people on earth, the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah, has a collection of thousands of luxury cars, including Lamborghinis, Porsches, Rolls Royces, Ferraris, Jaguars, BMWs, Bentleys and Mercedes-Benzes and a palace (Istana Nurul Iman) that has more than 1700 rooms, including 257 bathrooms.
2. Brunei is the second smallest nation in South East Asia after Singapore. With an area of 5,766 square kilometers, the country consists of two unconnected parts and they are divided into four districts.
3. Lots of countries can enjoy a visa-free travel in Brunei, like – all European countries, United States, Iceland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, UAE, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, etc. Israelis however are not allowed to enter Brunei. Keep in mind that Brunei is almost as expensive as Singapore, twice as expensive as Malaysia.
4. The durian fruit, native to Brunei, is infamous because of its taste, which is like “vomit, sewage, turpentine, and roasted almond”. The fruit is also used as an ingredient in rice, soups, candies, and desserts. The thick woody husk is also used to smoke fish. Also, a kind of carnivorous plant called Low’s Pitcher plant (Nepenthes lowii) is an endemic species of plant in the island of Borneo and at Mount Bukit Pagen.
5. It is a legendary fact that Brunei was founded by Awang Alak Betatar. When he first found Brunei, he called out “Baru nah!”, which means “that’s it!”, and that is how Brunei formed its name.
6. The tiny state of Brunei has one of the world's highest standards of living thanks to its bountiful oil and gas reserves. The population enjoys generous state handouts and pay no taxes. On the other hand, in 2014 Brunei became the first East Asian country to adopt strict Islamic sharia law which allows punishment such as stoning for adultery and amputation for theft.
7. Bandar Seri Begawan is the capital city of Brunei. It is home to the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque, which has 28 domes, and the seat of the Brunei government , the Istana Nurul Iman , which is the largest residential palace in the world according to Guinness World Records.
Los Close - Counterpunchers
Creation by Shaheen
DJ Goodman – Japanese Flute (Dubstep Mix)