Lecture 8.3 - Efficient Markets - Investment Management
The course "Security Analysis and Portfolio Management" is taught by Prof. Ramana Sonti. Finance Faculty at Indian School of Business. Visiting Faculty of BITS Pilani.
ZviBodie, Alex Kane, Alan Marcus, PitabasMohanty, “Investments”, 2017, McGraw Hill.
Reilly Frank K and Keith C. Brown, Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, 8th
edition Thomson Learning, 2007.
Bruce Greenwald, Judd Kahn, Paul Sonkin, Michalel van Biema, “Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and beyond”, 2016, Wiley Finance.
Prasanna Chandra - Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, 5th edition, 2017,TMH.
After completing this course the students shall be able to:
1) Appreciate and apply the concepts of Investment analysis in theory as well as in a real-life situation.
2) Identify numerous investments related risks that an investor is subject to while investing in financial securities.
3) Differentiate between various classes of financial securities such as Equities, Fixed Income Securities, and Derivatives and learn various techniques to value and analyze these securities.
4) Carry out Fundamental Analysis (that involves Economy Analysis, Industry Analysis and
Company Analysis) to study the intrinsic strength of a firm and make investment decisions based on the study.
5) Analyze and interpret various technical charts related to stock price movements and predict future price movements to comment on Buy/Sell/Hold decisions.
6) Understand the mechanics of Derivatives trading and develop various strategies for hedging or speculation using derivatives.
7) Comprehend news items appearing in the financial dailies.
LIKE and SUBSCRIBE for similar videos..!