Production Engineering Career by BrainChecker Stay tuned for regular updates from BrainChecker Channel. We provide excellent education related tips and excellent career guidance.
Fill the form above and we would get in touch with you
Welcome to the YouTube Channel of Brain Checker, India’s largest Career Counseling Company!!
Our video starts with
- Nature of work.
- Eligibility and Professional Courses available.
- Career prospects and salary
Students are requested to perform their own research before choosing a career.
You can check the description for additional details and assistance from BrainChecker.
Industrial and Production Engineeringinvolves the study of improving, understanding, innovating, implementing and evaluating the integrated systems of money, equipment, people, material, and other industrial processes.One is responsible for designing industrial facilities normally used for production needs. Buildings, equipment’s, infrastructure, material handling systems, information systems, manufacturing systems, and the whole workplace. Other processes which are integral to the production process are also managed by these engineers.
Processes like IEs analysis, production systems planning and control, resource allocation, logistics, quality management, personnel allocation, resource management, safety and inventory management. The main aim is to improve on the production techniques and make them more efficient, and economical. It is a sub-branch of mechanical engineering, so the subjects that are taught as almost similar.
Nature of Work
Production or Industrial Engineers work includes designing the production process for a product and also planning, measuring and controlling all activities within the organization.
An Industrial or Production Engineer is responsible for the overall industrial production and management. He is moreover involved with the human and organizational aspects of developing the desired system. Understanding the existing technology trends and improving upon them for better efficiency is one of the core tasks of a Production Engineer. Multiple industries would benefit from improved processes since they reduce the processing time and save on resources.Industries like automobile manufacturing, spare parts production, food industry, all have certain bottleneck areas which are restricting the capacity. With time, and the advent of better technology, these areas are further minimized, in order to achieve the ultimate goal of increased production and a subsequent rise in revenue.
Eligibility and Professional Courses
• A Science background is necessary with a 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Maths. A minimum 50% aggregate is needed for eligibility to colleges.
• One can give any entrance exams like NEET, IIT JEE, BITSAT, CET, or any other state exam. It should be noted here that few colleges like VIT or SRM, have their own exams which have to be given for becoming eligible to those select colleges.
• For pursuing MTech, the candidate needs to qualify for GATE.
• Individuals with interests in research and development can take up the PhD program after their post-graduation.
• One can pursue MTech in Industrial and Production Engineering after successful completion of BE/B.Tech.
We at BrainChecker help Students in choosing their career. A right career choice can work wonders in the long term.
- Punjab Engineering College
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- Pune University
- Nagpur University
- IISc Bangalore
Industrial and production engineers can work in various sector like, banks, hospitals, public utilities, retail, agriculture, transport, construction, and even government departments via UPSC exams, conducted by the Engineering division every year to appoint skilled personnel to the various Central government service. Other specific areas include, Root cause analysis and process improvement, Various posts which they can hold include
- Plant Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Project Manager
- Process Engineer
- Industrial Managers
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Industrial Sales Engineer
- Product Specialist
- Industrial Automation Project Designer
- Assistant Professor at any university
The starting salary can be in the range of 40,000 to 60,000 INR for freshers.
Thank you for listening, if you loved this BrainChecker video please like, share and subscribe to us. Bye!!