This video outlines a systematic project development process for renewable energy projects, highligting "soft" issues as well. It also includes a discussion on the Project Definition document, which is the first key document used to communicate to stakeholders on what the project is.
This session is a part of the five-day workshop, or 20 session webinar series, entitled, "Developing and Structuring Bankable Renewable Energy Projects in Africa."
For further information, visit http://www.afribiz.info.
This workshop helps build a comprehensive and holistic knowledge set within the project developer community in Africa. It focuses on developing the business model from idea through feasibility. (The follow-up practicum covers from idea through funding.)
The workshop pays special attention to the early stage project development process – from idea to feasibility – where a lot of time is wasted and gaps exists to assist project stakeholders to accelerate and be more efficient at managing projects. It also prepares project stakeholders for the remaining stages of the project development process.
This five-day workshop is for individuals and organizations who are involved in the development, support, or execution of renewable energy projects in Africa with a focus on projects under 100MW. It is suitable for government, private sector, communities, developers, and technical support agencies.
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe key components for bankable renewable energy projects in Africa.
- Identify key factors for financing renewable energy projects in Africa.
- Describe the dynamic contextual factors for renewable energy projects in Africa.
- Describe project development process for renewable energy projects in Africa.
- Describe how to develop and manage projects from idea through prefeasibility.
- Describe how to develop and manage projects from prefeasibility through feasibility.
- Describe how to develop and manage projects from feasibility to funding.
- Identify key relationships, partnerships, and ecosystems to develop and leverage.
- Address project context and content elements of Context, Competition, Customers & Markets, Channels & Chains, and Commitments.
- Address project context and content elements of Compound, Capacity, Complex, Configuration, and Commission & Operation.
= Address project context and content elements of Community & Stakeholders, Common Good, Credibility, Collaboration, and Circles of Influence & Champions.
= Address project context and content elements of Company & Ownership Structure, Capital, Finance, & Economics, and Cash & Cost.
= Address project context and content elements of Concerns, Conflicts & Challenges, Communication & Feedback, Consequences, Creation, and Comprehensive.
= Develop concept document.
- Develop preliminary project information memorandum.
- Describe essential elements of project financial modeling.
- Identify alternative means for funding early stage and middle stage projects, including feasibility.
- Identify and track key indicators for project progress.