Tech London Advocates launch London Technology Week with their headline event TLA Women in Tech
Location: London Stock Exchange
Time: Monday 20th 7.30am
Tech London Advocates launch London Technology Week with their headline event TLA Women in Tech with a VIP Champagne Breakfast joining the Market Open Ceremony at the London Stock Exchange.
TLA Women in Tech was a highly energised environment of both male and female pioneers advocating Women in Technology.
There were two lively and engaging discussions chaired and panelled by award winning entrepreneurs and industry leaders followed by a networking event.
This was an impressive and sophisticated event held at the prestigious London Stock Exchange further fuelled by the Market Open Ceremony.
A direct, straight talking, no nonsense gathering of Women in Technology whose knowledge and experience inspired the audience. More “Action Tank” than “Think Tank”!
Thought for the day
“If you want to be in a world with more growth you need to use all the talent available”.
Baroness Oona King, Member of the House of Lords
For more information on Tech London Advocates Women in Tech
Nikki Watkins & Sarah Luxford
For more information on Tech London Advocates
• CEO – Nexec Leader
• Tech London Advocate
• CEO – Fintech Circle
• Chairman – Fintech Circle Innovate
• Co-Editor- The Finch Book
Dame Judith Mayhew Jonas
• British Lawyer and Academic
• Former Leader of the City
• Chancellor of Bishop Grossesteste University
• Provost of Kings College Cambridge
• First Female Chairman of the Royal Opera House
• Founder & Co-Partner at Isomer Capital
• Member of the Board of Directors – Magic Pony Technology
• Revered Thought Leader
• Chief Operating Officer – Digital Government Services
• Former Deputy Director – Digital Government Services
• BSc – Actuarial Science
Baroness Oona King
• Member of the House of Lords
• Channel 4 Diversity Executive
• Former Senior Policy Advisor to the Prime Minister on Equalities & Diversity
Mary Keane Dawson
• Managing Director – [email protected]
• Tech London Advocate
• Global Ambassador – British Interactive Media Association
• Founder – ‘How She Made It’
• Founder – Blippar
• Visionary Technology Entrepreneur
• Blippar – Named as one of CNBC’s Global Disruptor Companies 2015
Cyber Sec Entrepreneur
• CEO – V-Chain
• Published Author – Tech City Insider
• MA History – Oxford University
Trading stocks typically have the lowest fees on eToro, which is one reason why I recommend you stick to this market when starting out.
All trades charge both a spread and daily rollover fees.
It really comes down to individual trading strategies and preference. But to give you an idea, I tend to hold on to stocks for a minimum of 6 months and all other trades tend to have an average duration of about two-three weeks.
A final word on over-trading.
This is a point that I want to expand on a little more, specifically in relation to copying other traders. Below is a screenshot of my equity chart over six months. The red line shows the number of people copying me.
My equity vs copiers chart.
The same holds true for the stock market in general.
Long-term growth of UK stock market.
How to Start Trading Cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrency trading can be extremely profitable if you know what you are doing, but it can also lead to disaster. Even though most traders decide to either go with fiat or bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies can represent viable income sources, as long you as you tread carefully and understand what you are doing. This guide is for those who want to start getting involved in cryptocurrency trading.
Where to trade.